Friday 5 January 2018

News - November and December 2017

 Hello! Happy New Year!


 November and December 2017 saw me settled back in Manchester, working on my Masters and taking part in numerous writing groups and events.

 I had poetry published in several magazines: "Orbits" and "Gold" in Sincerely Magazine, "Salamanca" and "Peaches" in The Cluny MCR, and "The cows" in Riggwelter Press. I attended The Cluny MCR's launch, which was a fun night.

 I also attended the launch of the anthology Introduction X: The Poetry Business Book of New Poets at Manchester Central Library. I read a number of my poems, which was a great experience.

 I took part in Writing Squad workshops with Andrew McMillan and Malika Booker, which were really useful and enjoyable.

 I completed my first year as editor of the Word Life section of Now Then Manchester with two special issues. November's was a flash fiction special, and December's was a collaboration with Manchester Creative Writing Society. I have more big plans for Word Life, so watch this space!

 Thanks for reading - look out for my general 2017 review, which is coming up soon.

 Have a wonderful 2018.

 Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment